City Wide Cleanup Week October 5th through October 9, 2009
The City of Centralia would like to announce that this year’s fall city wide cleanup event is scheduled for Monday, October 5th through October 9, 2009. The pickup of unwanted household items will take place on the same day as regular scheduled trash pickup. Participation is limited to single-family residences, town homes, condominiums and apartments that do not exceed four units per building. All items are to be placed where your garbage is placed for pickup by 6 a.m. on the assigned pickup day.
Any item(s) not longer than 5 feet or more than 50 pounds at any of the above defined residential units will be picked up except for the following:
1. Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves, brush and tree material
2. Household refuse/garbage that should be put out for normal collection
3. Large quantities of rocks, concrete and construction materials including roofing materials,
siding and lumber (not more than a five gallon bucket full)
4. Large appliances such as freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, etc. even
if broken up, cut up, crushed or flattened
5. Tires or cans of paint
6. Large automobile parts such as engines and transmissions
7. Lawnmowers or small engines which still contain gasoline or oil
8. DO NOT mix with trash to be picked up on normal collection days and DO NOT pile items on
top of other items.
Crews WILL NOT sort through material. If an unapproved item is on top of an approved item, your items will not be collected.
Residents are also asked to place smaller items in a container such as a box or a bag. Please consider recycling any cardboard, glass, aluminum and paper products at Clean & Green’s Recycling Center located on West McCord Street.
All items must be out by 6:00 AM on your normal garbage pickup day. The route WILL ONLY BE COVERED ONCE, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a service provided by the City of Centralia. The City requests each resident’s cooperation in this project.